I realise many parents are concerned about co-parenting through COVID-19. I am receiving a lot of calls and emails with confused and conflicted parents so I've made this publicly available immediately.
- Follow the government advice on sickness, travel, school and quarantines.
- You must continue with existing orders for parenting time, regardless of your personal views.
- There may be some disruptions to supervised visits for a period. If you are the resident parent please arrange alternative contact through Skype or FaceTime. If you are not comfortable to facilitate that yourself, please ask a family member or friend to do it for you.
- There is a module within the course which gives you tips for keeping actively engaged with your children when you are the non resident parent.
- Most family lawyers, mediators and other professionals are still working, even if remotely. Please reach out to a professional for help if you need advice, rather than asking on social media.
- Communicate calmly and cooperatively regarding parenting time. Your children need both of you to work together during this very difficult period.
The court information is available here http://www.federalcircuitcourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fccweb/online-services/covid/covid-news-hp
I offer free phone consultation to all enrolled students. Please reach out if you need help during this time.